Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's resolution.

Tagged by Cynthia, long time ago.

1.What’s your ambition?
- Tak tau, undecided. I have a few on my head, but it all depends on my results, myself.

2.Who is more important to you?Friends or boy/girlfriend?
- Between friends and boyfriends, of course...... friends.

3.Are u looking for a boyfriend?
- Nope, I ain't desperate for one.

4.Do you think you have enough confidence?
- Depends ;)

5.How many babies you want?
- 2? HAHAH depends on how I can keep up la!

6.Do you wanna play this tag?
- play?

7.What is your goal for this year?
- haiyo, 2009 ar? Pass my pmr with great grades and enter pure science. Thats currently more important to me now

8.Do you love your everything?
- my everything? I love everything I have. hahahaa

9.What’s a prefect girlfriend/boyfriend like to u?(list 10)

- Ok not too short, not too tall. Kira just nice la macam tu. But Sort/Kind of short pun unacceptable! Not around my height la. Ok around 170-180 is good.
- Someone who do sports. Athletic la, but skin with full of scars is a nono -_-
- I like skinny guys, or moderate. Average MALAYSIAN size -_-
- Some say, looks are not important? to me, 50-50.
- And he must be able to bond with my friends. Thats the passing zone. HAHAHA.
- Talkative. I prefer listening than talking. Yes yes, I know, I talk a lot, but in this case, I prefer him to talk.
- Of course, not the flirty type, who likes guys like that anyway?
- Someone who would actually pay for my food when we go outing. Takkan la wanna split the bill kot? -___________-
- Adorable!
- The way he dresses up, don't need to be very over like ah bengs or lalas. Just a nice top and jeans with shoes is okay already.

10.What are you really afraid of?
- Vomits. Hah okay I'm not afraid of it. Phobia! insects. Bugs, beetles, tortoise, butterflies, flies, mosquitos, haiyaaaa. Damn geli ok!

11.What are your bad habits?
- Habit of sleeping VERY "EARLY"

12. Describe yourself in 5 words.
- I am very hard to mix with, especially with girls. That explains why I have more close guy friends than girls. I cannot 'keep' girls. Susah la. Guys are more understanding. Like, The triple J's. I sayang them banyak banyak.

13. State a random fact about yourself.
- Lazy!

14.What does flying means to you?
- FLYYYYYYYYYY~

15.What do you crave for the most currently?
- extend the holidays pls!

16.Describe the person that tagged you in 7 words.
- Cynthia! She's cute and pretty. And she's such a nice person. Extrovert! :)

17.Are you currently single or?
- I belong to my one and only Pupu.Then, if I have a boyfriend, I must share myself to him and Pupu? Kesian Pupu,

18.What is in your mind now?
- School -_- Eish! malas nya.

19.Who are you?
- Elle!

20. Who will Elle tag?
- Pupu, .......... anyone who passes by this blog, and this entry, this tag. Yes, you. Do it.

Instructions:
#Remove one question from above and add in your personal question.
#Make a total of 20 questions and tag 5 peoples.
#List them out at the end of the post.
#Notify them in their cbox that they’ve been tagged.

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a resolution, YET.

I can't simply answer you why. I don't have an answer. I just DONT HAVE a resolution. It's not that important to me, I don't need a list full with what I want to achieve or improve on myself, and I know it's not like I will really mean it.

So, I went on google, and searched for "Not having a New Year's resolution.", and holy, this is what I got.

----------------------------------------------------

So its almost that time of year again-when those stupid Christmas commercials make way for the stupid New Years commercials and everyone makes their resolution that sounds oddly familiar (most likely because it didn’t get accomplished the year before.) But going green is in, so I guess there’s no harm in recycling resolutions too.

Toward the end of December, I know I can always look forward to overhearing people talk about the brand new person they want to be in the next year or signing into Facebook and seeing it’s a new year and I’ve got a new attitude, outlook or even academic major in statuses far and wide. But I’d like to know first: who cares? and second: what’s the point of it all?

I’m not saying setting goals is cliché, but New Year’s resolutions are a tradition, among many others, that I just can’t respect anymore.

After all, people who typically wait for a new year to have a resolution end up having no resolve in the first place. After six months, less than half of adults with resolutions actually follow through on them, according to the Journal of Clinical Psychology. After the first week in a new year, a quarter of adults with resolutions don’t even remember them, so maybe we’re better off keeping our goals to ourselves anyway.

Between the last night of one year and the first morning of the next, I feel like there isn’t some moment of epiphany or metamorphosis that just magically changes the person you are into the one you want to be, knocking out those resolutions left and right. Aside from the hangover some might have from the New Year’s Eve party, they’re essentially the same person with the same capabilities as they had the night before.

So, why is there so much emphasis on changing ourselves to keep in time with the changing of the calendar year? I’m not saying we should all throw the whole slate out instead of wiping it clean every now and then, but maybe if people stopped putting pressure on themselves to improve something about their life starting at the very beginning of the year they would actually be able to do it in their own time.

Yes, there is a lot to be said for explicitly stating goals and working toward them (I mean, we are in college) but, do they always have to come at the same time each year? And do we really have to tell the whole world all about them? When people don’t know what you’re working toward it takes the pressure off I’ve found, so New Year’s resolutions are absolutely out of the question in that respect.

And I’m sorry, but bludgeoning someone with personal goals for the next year just seems so self indulgent, plus I would think airing our shortcomings to others isn‘t the most comforting way to watch the curtains close on another year.
I‘d rather just watch 2008 go peacefully, thanks.

New Year’s resolutions get the “Too Little Too Late In 2008” award in my opinion. I’m not pushing for a nihilistic New Year’s, I’m just saying maybe this time we’ll be better off setting goals to accomplish in our own time and keeping them to ourselves so they can actually get done-without the added pressure.

After a semester that’s been “the L,” not having a resolution this time around honestly sounds like a win-win situation, and staring down the barrel of Spring 09 semester I‘m all about ending on a bright note-or something close.
- Phillip Lucas
Junior,
Print Journalism Major




(http://www.thehilltoponline.com/editorials/a_resolution_for_a_new_year_is_so_last_year)

---------------------------------------------------

I strongly agree to this fler.


I am not surprised if any of my classmates, schoolmates or teachers who're reading this, might think I'm a person with no resolution, or hoping for self improvement or whatsoever shit you people have in mind, which are mostly self improvements or improments in studies.

And brother. I am so not surprised if I have my nerdy classmates, which one of their resolution is "Straight A's for PMR!!" That was so two years ago, baby.

Look, it's not like I have anything against people with resolutions. To me, I don't need a resolution. As long as I know what I want, I know which path Im leading myself to, and whether to achieve it or not, I don't need any bulldung resolutions.

So, my resolution for this year would be not having a resolution.


-pipi-

[p/s : coverline. Padahal I have nothing in mind
for my new year's resolution.

Nah, actually I meant what i said]

No comments: